Academy Offers Unmatched Educational Experiences
Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy (IMSA) fosters the discoverers. The thinkers. The innovators and experimenters. The problem-solvers of the future who can change the world through their life’s work. IMSA innovates the future of science, technology, engineering and math education. It creates a strong and diverse pipeline of talented students at its residential Academy in Aurora, Illinois for 10th through 12th grade students.
IMSA’s tuition-free residential educational program enrolls a diverse student body of 650 from all areas of Illinois; admission is highly competitive.
To ignite and nurture creative, ethical, scientific minds that advance the human condition.
We Believe That…
- All people have equal intrinsic worth.
- All people have choices and are responsible for their actions.
- Belonging to a community requires commitment to the common good.
- Diverse perspectives enrich understanding and inspire discovery and creativity.
- Honesty, trust and respect are vital for any relationship to thrive.
- Learning never ends.
- Meaning is constructed by the learner.
- No one’s path in life is predetermined.
- The ability to discern and create connections is the essence of understanding.
- We are all stewards of our planet.
- We can significantly improve life on our planet.